- Meets the UK’s mandatory training requirement for food handlers
- Covers the key syllabus of RQF level 1 food safety qualifications
- Written by Richard Sprenger, renowned food safety expert and author
- CPD-accredited training
- Self-paced study hosted online
- Compatible with desktop, laptop and tablet devices
- Accessible with features including audio voiceover and transcript
- PDF certificate available immediately on completion
- Accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading provider of regulated food safety qualifications
- Approximate duration: 2 to 3 hours
Food safety and food hygiene ratings are never far from the news.
Sharing local establishments’ food hygiene ratings is a popular topic of engagement on many social media channels and in local newspapers, and unfortunately, it’s often those scoring at the lower end of the scale that make headlines.
Effective food safety and hygiene training isn’t just for businesses with a kitchen, it applies equally to businesses selling pre-packaged food and can help protect your business and ensure you avoid unwanted publicity.
Ensure your staff understand their role in maintaining food safety with a course written by one of the world’s leading food safety experts, Richard Sprenger, and accredited by the UK’s leading organisation for regulated food safety qualifications.
Why should I choose this course?
This food safety training course is suitable for those working in a low-risk catering environment or for keen home-cooks who would like to understand more about food safety and hygiene.
Our courses simplify even the most complex of subjects through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. Our Food Safety Level 1 course is packed with:
- Interactive exercises/gaming
- Media-rich content
- Interactive 3D scenarios
- Content provided by market leading experts
- Relevant photography and illustrations
- Multi-generational content and style
Is this training course right for me?
If you work in a low-risk catering environment or are simply looking to expand your knowledge as a hobbyist, this course is ideal for you.
However, if you are involved, or are going to be involved in the direct preparation of food within a business environment, you must be trained to a higher level.
Highfield’s Food Safety Level 2 e-learning course is ideal for most food handlers working in a catering or retail environment. If you work in a food manufacturing environment, the Food Safety in Manufacturing Level 2 course is perfect for you.
Supervisors and managers must be trained to a higher level again, and the Food Safety Level 3 e-learning course is designed for this level of employee. It is also useful for owners of small catering businesses.
This course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading provider of regulated food safety qualifications.
The course is also accredited by the CPD Certification Service as meeting the standards of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.